Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The art of Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer



“…the secrets of being sharp…”

Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer
American poet

I’m a writer, and I keep re-learning the delight of saying “I wish I’d said that.”

Rosemerry posts her work on A Hundred Falling Veils every day, and she regularly takes a deft turn into the inner poem.

This one is an archetype:

Cut deep

Picking up broken glass
with bare hands,
of course I was cut,
but something in me
was curious to learn
the secrets of being sharp.
Something in me
wanted another reason
to be tender
with everyone I meet.

Posted December 7, 2015, read it here

This is a masterful, imperative alignment of the commonplace and humanism, she touches and teaches yearning for something better than what we have too much of now.

I was thrilled again as I read it again.

Btw, here is Rosemerry's website, she’s a busy lady.







Copyright © Richard Carl Subber 2015 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment