Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The wisdom of Ray Bradbury


"I'm not a futurist.  People ask me to predict the future,
         when all I want to do is prevent it."
Ray Bradbury (1920-2012)


Fantasy, science fiction, horror and mystery fiction…he wrote everything

He wrote every day of his adult life, and he wrote some good stuff. If you didn't read Bradbury stories when you were younger, well, you were the kind of person who didn't read Bradbury…..

My all-time fave is All Summer In A Day, and Fahrenheit 451 is a book that everyone should read at least once, I suspect even folks who aren't big fans of reading will experience a sinister thrill from it….

Anyway, I like Ray's quip above….it's a great insight into the fantastic power we have: to prevent the future---or at least some parts of it.

Think about your children and your grandchildren----now think about some parts of the future that you want to prevent.

Let's get on it. "Think big. Act small. Start now."

The wisdom of Nora Ephron
...Mark Twain chimes in....
Don't forget Franz Kafka....

No comments:

Post a Comment