Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Who would pay $225,000 to hear Hillary speak?


Well, the students at University of Nevada, Las Vegas, aren’t in that category.

In fact, they're ripped that their college (or some UNLV benefactor) IS willing to fork over nearly a quarter of a million dollars to bring Hillary Clinton to the campus for a speaking engagement this October.


I get it, I get it, in fact I’m more or less OK with the concept that if somebody is willing to pay anybody $225,000 to “stop by our campus and give a speech,” well then, that’s the market price. It’s not illegal for Hillary to take that wad of cash.

I wouldn’t chip in to bring her to my campus, but that’s another story….

What really burns me up is that, apparently, no one in a leadership position at University of Nevada, or on the UNLV board of trustees, was willing to step up to the mike and say “No, this is a bad idea,” when the university is planning to raise tuition by 17 percent over the next four years.

Shouldn’t the college’s money, or the donor’s money, be used for a better purpose?





No comments:

Post a Comment