Thursday, September 25, 2014

No daughter of mine is going to….!?!


See, sometimes the ideology gets silly.

I mean, if my daughter wants to marry a Republican, and he’s otherwise a good guy, and they’re in love, well, let’s raise a glass to the happy couple!

Now, I’m strongly committed to having and defending principles. But, really….half of Republicans, and a third of Democrats, are willing to say right out loud they’d be “displeased” if a child married someone from the other camp?

Are they really saying stuff like “Gee whiz, Marcie, Jonathan’s an alright guy, I guess, but, but….he’s a Democrat! We just have to put our foot down here and say no….”


I suggest to them:  get real. Get all worked up about some real stuff, like dangerous economic inequality and global climate change and congressional dysfunction and too many guns….

You know what I’m saying.











No comments:

Post a Comment