Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Yore word fur today


“Acyrologia”


More or less, whatever you’re thinking, there’s a word for that.

I love words, so it’s a treat to stumble on an obscure example of a delicious word for what passes for a trick-or-treat foray into the English language.

This word isn’t in any of the dictionaries I consulted.

Here’s the best definition I found for acyrologia: “An incorrect use of words, especially the use of words that sound alike but are far in meaning from the speaker’s intentions.”




I could mention a pueblo of witty stuff that comes to mind, but I recline to do that. I’ll just quote a synonymous whit who said “…for all intensive purposes, this is a Pullet Surprise winner.”







Copyright © Richard Carl Subber 2015 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment