Saturday, January 16, 2016

“Gov. Haley, I have a followup question….”



The Republican governor of South Carolina, Nikki Haley, said this to reporters recently:

"…we've never in the history of this country passed any laws or done anything based on race or religion. Let's not start that now.”

Wow. Maybe she momentarily forgot about slavery and Jim Crow.

There are almost 1.3 million black residents of South Carolina, almost one-third of the population.

Today’s quiz:
How many black voters in the Palmetto State will vote for Gov. Haley when she runs for re-election in 2018?


p.s. I had promised myself that I would not raise my voice to recognize the poltroonery that passes for politicking these days, but Haley's comment is remarkably egregious and I cannot let it pass.


Copyright © Richard Carl Subber 2016 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment