Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The wisdom of Ecclesiastes


"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might…”

Ecclesiastes 9:10
King James VersionV


This is an elegant reminder for me that I am committed to doing what I want to do, committed to doing the right thing, committed to taking my best swing with all my heart….

Ecclesiastes is regarded as one of the Wisdom Books of the Old Testament. Likely it was written in the 3rd century AD by an unknown author, who used as a pseudonym the Hebrew word Koheleth, usually translated as “teacher” or “preacher,” with the Latin transliteration Ecclesiastes.



“Do it with thy might” asserts a powerful admonition, with moral suasion and with raptured optimism.

Them’s words to live by.








"See the [segregated] USA, in your Chevrolet..."

Copyright © Richard Carl Subber 2016 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment