Saturday, August 3, 2013

"Bed & Breakfast," the essentials….


I'm in love with the essential idea of the "bed & breakfast" style of lodging, both as an on-the-road stopover and as a vacation destination….but repeated, less than "Wow, great!" experience in several states makes me an empirically-confirmed doubter.

Maybe I've been to the wrong B&Bs. I don't presume my experience is inclusive, and quite possibly it isn't typical. And I admit that the one in the Poconos came close to being pretty darn nice….

On the subject of B&Bs, I guess, you say "po tay toe" and I say "po tah tow"…..love 'em or leave 'em, I'm mostly on the leave 'em side, I've found seemingly lovely B&B establishments to be not warmly personal enough, not brashly "Marigold Hotel" exotic enough, with grumpy, minimal Breakfast spreads that add insult to injury after a night spent in the charmingly appointed room with the less than really comfortable Bed under the antique Bed spread….





Anyway, this young pup is way ahead of me in the trek to wisdom about the essential goodness of the B&B.

I've tasted dog food, all right, it's edible, but I'm gonna have trouble finding a stainless steel bowl that fits….

















No comments:

Post a Comment