Sunday, July 7, 2013

I double dog dare ya....

Yeah, make that "triple dog"....

Do you think you could have graduated from the 8th grade in Bullitt County, Kentucky, in 1912?

The only thing between you and the diploma would have been the test below (thanks to WashingtonPost.com for this little eye-opener).

Now, I'm not going to say any of the obvious things that will come to your mind, as they came to mine….

I'm not going to mention my guess that many of the young folks who walked across the stage at college commencement a couple months ago wouldn't do real well on this test.

I'm not going to make any comment about the thought you're going to have, along the lines of "nobody needs to know this stuff!" and so on…

And I'm certainly not going to give you any clue about my approximate score of right and wrong answers…that's personal, you know what I'm saying….



No comments:

Post a Comment