Sunday, March 9, 2014

The wisdom of Harry S.Truman

"It is amazing what you can accomplish
                                 if you do not care who gets the credit."
Harry S. Truman (1884-1972)
33rd President of the United States, straight talker


Now, at first glance I like this epigram from old “Give ‘em hell!” Harry, but the romance fades the longer I think about it.





Truman’s brash admonition to share the credit is a real good idea, especially if you’re in a leadership position.

I just have a lingering wince and grimace about the possible interpretation that you shouldn’t expect and crave to get the credit that’s rightly yours.


So, I guess I’d say it’s downright amazing how much you can accomplish if you care very much to make sure that everybody who deserves some credit gets a share of the applause. If you have that kind of reputation, you’ll get picked for the good skunkworks teams.










No comments:

Post a Comment