Sunday, August 16, 2015

Woodstock: that was a music thing, right?




The pleasure palace at Woodstock opened 46 years ago, on August 15, 1969.



Wasn’t there. Didn’t do that. Maybe you did. So, you can have my share of the memories.

As it happened, I was at Fort Benning near Columbus, GA, doing officers’ infantry basic training. 



Not saying that was a better way to spend some summer days in August. One thing: seems like we probably had better weather in Georgia, the Woodstockers got rain several times.

Of course, no one is surprised whenever I mention (at least four times in the last 46 years) that I didn’t go to Woodstock. Even if I hadn’t been on active duty, I wouldn’t have gone.



Wasn’t my thing.

But it was a big thing.

Woo hoo.











Copyright © Richard Carl Subber 2015 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment