Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Can 13 words be a palace?


Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer makes some beautiful music with words in her poetry creations at ahundredfallingveils.com.

When I read a piece that knocks me out, sometimes I try to do my own riff on what the poet has said so well.

The first of Rosemerry’s "Four Encounters," posted on December 10, was another beauty. I think she answered the question: "Can 13 words be a palace?"

I wrote this haiku in homage to her offering:



Beseeching your heart,

my eyes, two trembling pilgrims,

have slipped off their shoes






Usually I don't bother with all the hodgepodge inventions of formulaic formats for poetry, but the traditional 5-7-5 haiku structure intrigues me, a constraint done all in velvet.

It’s my pleasure to find just the right words to express exactly my understanding of what’s in my mind.







Copyright © Richard Carl Subber 2015 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment