Thursday, August 11, 2016

Taking a bite….


I read poetry regularly, and occasionally I find a poem that speaks to me.

More often, in an otherwise medium offering, I stop short in wonderment when I read the remarkably, brashly beautiful high-quality phrase or image that makes me say, as my fellow poetic truth seeker Mike likes to say, “I wish I’d written that!”

Here’s an example:
The "Whispers" poetry website offered “Summer Music” by David Austin, a brief paean to a morning bird whose “…happy chatter...has no winter in it…”


How simply lovely that is, a luscious insight, proof of the potential magic in ordinary but well-ordered words.

Thanks for that one, David.

Always good to taste the best bite of the apple.











Copyright © Richard Carl Subber 2016 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment