Monday, April 2, 2012

The wisdom of Gabrielle Hamilton

"Be careful what you get good at doin',
           'cuz you'll be doin' it the rest of your life."

Gabrielle Hamilton
Chef, author of "Blood, Bones and Butter"


By all accounts Gabrielle's book is "rhapsodic," I'm pretty sure I'd like to write something that folks would think of as "rhapsodic," most likely I'd pick a different title, and it sure as heck wouldn't be about food, but that's just me….unless it could be a book about coconut macaroons, now we're talking…


Anyway, I liked her epigram, above…..read it once, and maybe you don't feel a special thrill or anything, but read it again and let it sink in, and try pretending that it doesn't matter if you get careless about what you're getting good at…..



No comments:

Post a Comment