Thursday, June 21, 2012

Reading is for sissies...

….and reading is for everyone else, too….it's one of the things that undeniably distinguish humans from all the other apes.


I'm not real sure there's a "wrong" way to do reading….but if you think reading is boring, it's doggone sure something is wrong…..go to your local library, and just wander around for a while, a good book will jump into your hand…

I actually learned to read with the old "Dick and Jane" readers in the 1950s, so I've racked up more than 60 years of turning the pages and queuing up all the books I want to read. I've never been bored with a book, although once in a while I don't make it all the way to the end….I have a houseful of books, and if I had another house, I'd have more books….

Every grownup, at least once in his or her lifetime, should invest some time in making sure a child doesn't think reading is boring….


If you have kids, you already have a full-time job…..part of it should be reading aloud, until they can do it….

And if you're a grandparent, finding all the nearby ice cream stores is the first priority, and then it's reading to the kids….

No comments:

Post a Comment