Sunday, June 3, 2012

The wisdom of Africa

“If you want to go quickly, go alone.
                      If you want to go far, go together.”
African proverb



I guess there's a proverb in every culture about making a journey. For the earliest humans, it's likely that no journey was risk-free and it's likely that every journey was an adventure, at least a snap, crackle and pop kind of adventure, if not an explosion of discovery and wonder. Guidance about making the journey was a pretty good thing to have….



So I'm going to try to be aware of the adventure in my next journey, and to savor it, and to git some of that snap, crackle and pop, at least….I want it to be the "go far" kind of adventure too, so I'm going to make sure I have a loved one along for the ride…



No comments:

Post a Comment