Saturday, January 18, 2014

Movie review: "Nick of Time" (1995)


Movie review: "Nick of Time" (1995)
Johnny Depp, Christopher Walken, Courtney Chase
Director: John Badham
90 minutes


This Johnny Depp/Christopher Walken film is unremarkable in quite a few ways: at least, cinematography, script, acting are on the list….

But I was drawn to the central theme—the paralyzing horror of Depp’s predicament.

I think Johnny pretty well covers the range of emotions you’d think everyone would feel in his situation. His desperation seems real. Realistic. Lost. Enervated. Pissed. Galvanized. The unremitting adrenaline, pushing him to act, or run….or kill.

I was on his side, but I did not want to be him.




Almost too dreadful to say it in words: kill, or see his child killed.

I waited and watched for his escape, his release, his salvation.

I fiercely wonder how I would act in such a raging, tormented dilemma.

My salvation, right at the moment, is that I don’t have to make the choice.







No comments:

Post a Comment