Sunday, May 10, 2015

Noah and Emma. Wow.


Every year I am temporarily fascinated by the Social Security Administration's annual revelation about most popular baby names for the current crop of Americans.


For 2014:  Noah and Emma.

I don't think about baby names much. Noah and Emma seem a bit obscure to me, but of course they're entirely commendable names, bonne chance to all the kids who will take these monikers with them throughout their lives. More than 19,000 brand new baby boys were named Noah last year, and almost 21,000 new baby girls were named Emma--in fact, more than 1 out of every 100 female bundles of joy were given that name. Wow.


I checked my own name on the Social Security website, see here. It seems my name dropped out of the top 10 list about 45 years ago. So be it. What's in a name? Still. I like my name. Hope all those Noahs and Emmas feel the same.








Copyright © Richard Carl Subber 2015 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment