Saturday, March 17, 2012

6:49 a.m.....

I realize that some may not find this amusing…..I slept soundly until 6:49 a.m. this morning and I'm just tickled to mention it. It happened to be a Saturday morning, however, as I'm retired, it could have been any day of the week, I would be just as tickled to roll over and read 6:49 a.m. on my digital clock on, say, a Wednesday….


Now, I'm saying "tickled" because that word has about the right mix of whimsy and delight without being rammy in any particular way, I don't want to wake up at 6:49 a.m. every morning, hey, I'm a busy retired guy, I got things to do.

Ooops. Full disclosure. I got things I want to do. I don't do any of the other kind….


Fairly often I'm awake before 5:30 a.m. or even 5:00 a.m., and sometimes when I wake up, wide awake, at 3:46 a.m., I get up, because I got things I want to do.

But today it was OK….my dance card is full, but nothing I had to do before daylight, and reading 6:49 a.m. when I rolled over gave me a little tickly jolt of pleasure and I instantly felt stoked to start using all this energy, and it felt good to think "Good morning, Rick, you're a lucky guy, and you're ready to roll."

No comments:

Post a Comment