Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wrong question on health care mandate...

I think the national polling about the health care reform legislation is all wrong. It seems a majority of folks think they want parts of the law, or all of it, "repealed," and the individual mandate is singled out to go in the dumper.

I suggest that pollsters are asking Americans the wrong question.
Instead of asking "Do you support the individual mandate to buy health insurance?" they should be asking "Do you want health care when you're sick or injured?" and "Do you think you should pay for your own health care?" Reasonable people will say "Yes" to both of these questions, and then we can understand that the individual mandate makes common sense.



Anybody who doesn't have health insurance and plans to get sick or injured in the future should wear a wrist band that says "I didn't bother to pay for health insurance, so if I can't pay for treatment, please park me on a gurney somewhere and wait until I get better all by myself or die" ……or something like that, except for sweet old grandmothers, toddlers, and really poor or really mentally incapable people, you know what I'm saying….

No comments:

Post a Comment