Thursday, May 17, 2012

George F. Will, the thinking man's antagonist


Full disclosure: Often I disagree with much of what George Will says, not because I hate the way he says it…..he wraps an infelicitous hodgepodge of prejudices in the most elegant language, but the latter usually isn't wonderful enough for me to avoid gagging about the former, y'know?




Anyway, here's a tidbit that illuminates the latter, from his May 16 Washington Post column, savor it if you will…..







          Campaigning recently at Bradley University in Peoria, Ill., Romney warned students
          about their burden from the national debt, but when he took questions, the first 
          questioner had something else on her peculiar mind: “So you’re all for like, ‘Yay,
          freedom,’ and all this stuff and ‘Yay, like, pursuit of happiness.’ You know what would
          make me happy? Free birth control.”
         
          While awaiting that eventual entitlement, perhaps she can land a subsidized loan so
          she can inexpensively continue to hone her interesting intellect.


I wish I could add a trenchant something that would be icing on this little piece of cake, but George said it all…..


My take on student loans:




1 comment:

  1. Very interesting topic here in your site. Keep on posting this kind of topics. Very useful indeed.

    ReplyDelete