Saturday, August 4, 2012

Breathless disinformation...

I'm so tired of the news media and the cable TV talking heads treating every news release like the latest horse race results in the presidential campaign.

Like many people, I was happy yesterday to hear a good monthly jobs report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Nice to know that some more Americans are back to work.

But all the prattle about the impact of this report on President Obama's re-election prospects is so much drivel. The Aug. 4 report will be sooooooooo forgotten by Nov. 6. I dare you to try to remember it in three months.

It's a lie to suggest that this particular report has or will have any specific influence on how you and I and all the other folks will vote in November. The media and the talking heads can't help themselves, I know that....but I can help myself.

I'm tuned out.
Try it.
Feels good.


....and by the way, what are the so-called "job creators" actually doing, anyway? Who are they? What are they waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment