Monday, August 20, 2012

Christie! Oh nooooo!!!!


One of my personal rules is that I despise ad hominem attacks, and so I try real hard not to get personal when I criticize folks who aren't in my region of the political spectrum.

Gov. Christie of New Jersey makes life difficult for me. It's so hard to fastidiously refrain from saying he's rude and he's crude, and I thank my stars he's not family…..

So I'll stick to tactical reasons for panning Romney's choice of this self-important, photogenic bloviator with no apparent verbal inhibitions as the keynote speaker at the Republican convention that starts next week.

Christie certainly appeals to a segment of the voting population. And I give him his due: he was elected governor of the great state of New Jersey.

But gosh! The man is a walking advertisement for the worst in humanity's public and private political motivations. He is deliberately obnoxious. It seems there is no slur or linguistic impropriety or pugnacious exaggeration he is unwilling to utter in front of a microphone and cameras.

He turns me off, and I think some folks here and there may feel the same….he makes highly charged public statements, the kind that invite attack and disdain….he is personally ambitious, and he will take the spotlight away from Romney/Ryan…

He's a divisive public figure, a regrettable example of Romney's dedication to giving consolation prizes to the right wing of his party.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Christie couldn't possibly be a nice person….

I'm not real keen on Ryan, either...

No comments:

Post a Comment