Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The wisdom of Denis Leary

"Racism isn't born, folks. It's taught. I have a 2-year-old son. Know what he hates? Naps. End of list."

Denis Leary (b. 1957)

Stand-up comedian and stand-up kind of guy

It's a pretty good idea to keep the "Things I Hate" list pretty short. Denis Leary is helping his son get started in a pretty good way.

I've always been glad and proud that my parents didn't teach me to hate much of anything. Racism isn't the only kind of hatred that's passed on from generation to generation…

Y'know, there are big problems and there are little problems, and the little problems really aren't problems…I think hatred can be addictive for some people…..it would be great if everybody would inscribe the "Things I Hate" on the B List, and then try pretty much to concentrate on the A List stuff.

The wisdom of the old farmer

...what the Archbishop said...

No comments:

Post a Comment