Saturday, September 8, 2012

The wisdom of Anonymous


"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you -
         not because they are nice, but because you are."
Author Unknown

Got this one from one of my personal advisers.

I like it, on two levels:

No. 1. It feels right to me, I think I pretty much act like this.

No. 2. I think current game theory, and psychology of motivation and reward, broadly suggest that "being nice" is a good first choice, an optimal first response, a good start in many situations….you can always be nasty later, and if necessary, even nastier if there's no other option.


My adviser agrees, saying "If I don't like your story, I'll say so, but I can do it politely."

It seems like a winner.

A different take from A. Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment